Thanks for stopping by the MPS Blog. Here you'll find all the nitty gritty, behind-the-scenes details of the projects you see on my Instagram. Grab a cup of coffee and take a look around. Happy DIYing!
A little about me and this little piece of online real estate… I’ll keep it short.
The blog is live. What will I do with this blog? As I’m writing this, I don’t really have a mastermind plan, but I do know that I love to create… anything and everything. I am a serial entrepreneur at heart. I live for that magical place where you get to see an idea or a dream that you have come to life… whether it’s a new recipe, a new house project, a new business… I love to create. I also love to teach… but not high school math kind of teaching. The teaching that can help someone change their life… life hacks, nutrition tips, how to eat better, exercise better, just be better. I am fairly certain my 27 year old self did not picture my 37 year old self spending my days at home with my 4 tiny amazing humans, but here we are. They are my A-team and they are A-mazing. They are what led me to where I am right now, sitting at home, typing up my first post for a DIY home blog… me and my domesticated self.
So back to the content and what you’ll find here:
– DIY: I grew up the daughter of a very hard working man. He taught me a lot about a lot in this realm. He’s the most talented carpenter I know and a lot of my projects are inspired by him… thanks Dad! I get a certain amount of satisfaction of doing something with my own two hands and then seeing the results of that every day in my own home. My mind drifts with about a dozen new projects daily, but I’m hoping this blog will keep me accountable!
– ORGANIZATION: This is my jam. I am no where near having a completely organized home, but I am working every single day to come up with systems and things to make our life with littles easier. Organization makes a home, I am a big proponent of everything in its place and a place for everything. I want to teach this to my kids as they grow because I believe it transfers over to things outside the home, such as work ethic & productivity (this is my business mind talking now… ) If you want some organizational inspiration, stick around.
– DESIGN: This is an area I’m a little less confident in, but am learning everyday. I don’t know if I have one certain style. I follow bloggers for inspiration that are traditional, MCM, bohemian, eclectic, modern… I love it all! I believe that your home should truly make you feel good to be in it and be a reflection of you, not a style definition. I also have the small children constraint when it comes to design in our home. I need things to be resistant to stains, jumping, throwing, and bodily fluids… just saying.
– MOM STUFF: Let’s face it, being a mother doesn’t have to define you, but once you are responsible for the lives of other tiny humans, your life changes. Priorities change, goals change, your time is not your own. I have my fair share of experiences to share in this area so hopefully I can share something useful on here once in a while!
– HEALTHY RECIPES: I’m really good at this if I do say so myself. I have been crafting healthy options since college and my most recent venture is a cold-pressed juice bar in Destin, FL called Formula Fresh. My favorite part of this venture was creating all the recipes and then getting to share them with so many people. When I do post recipes, they will be of the healthy variety, mostly kid-friendly, probably Paleo, they will be my own, and they will be really really good – I’m a perfectionist like that.
And that’s about it. This is my online teaching tool to anyone who wants to learn, my journal to my kids if they aren’t too cool to read this in 10 years, my contribution to the online world… the Gizzi Diaries.
Hope you stay awhile!
Wife, Mama, Renovator, DIY Educator, and Founder of Making Pretty Spaces. If you’re ready to create a home you love with your own two hands, I’m your girl.