Related blog posts:
–BASEMENT BATHROOM PLANS & MOOD BOARD
Okay so technically this is a list of semi-flush and flush mounts… but that seemed like a really long title. In all honestly, why do we still have the dreaded boob lights in our homes? I am just as guilty of this, I’ve waited years thinking I needed to find the perfect light to replace them with.
Newsflash! There are SO many affordable and stylish replacements out there to get your ceiling out of the 1990’s. Changing out the lights is even easier. If you’ve been following along in Instagram stories, you know I was planning on doing a Tuesday Tutorial on changing out flush mounts, BUT the lights I ordered weren’t quite the right color. I went on an extended hunt to find a replacement and came up with 12 very stylish lights that I love equally.
MY TIPS FOR CHOOSING THE RIGHT LIGHT FOR YOU.
- Measure your space and pay close attention to the overall dimensions of the light! I love the look of some these below, but if you have 8′ ceilings, a light that extends down 16″ probably isn’t the best option.
- Think about the lighting that you need. If it’s a hallway and you will have multiple sources of nearby light, a 1-light fixture should work great. For a fixture that will serve as a standalone source with no natural light in sight, you might want to opt for a 2 or 3-light option.
- Think about dust control. I LOVE the look of clear exposed globe lights… but there is some maintenance involved in these. This doesn’t bother me and I think it’s worth it for the right fixture, but if you’re a set it and forget it type, choosing a dark or frosted shade might be best.
- Lastly, choose a light that speaks to you. I think lights can add so much personality in a space… lighting is such an impactful way to infuse your personal style into your home. I love a mixture of different fixtures throughout a home, but they should flow together. Think about how one light will look next to the lights in the adjoining rooms, even if they are far apart.
I would love to hear which one your favorite is… can you guess which one I went with?
- Kepner 1-Light Semi Flush: $45
- 2-Light Brass Flush Mount: $54
- Weatherford 1-Light Semi-Flush Mount: $68
- Paterson 1-Light Flush Mount: $36
- Englehart 1-Light Semi-Flush Mount: $36
- Monadnock 1-Light Semi-Flush Mount: $44
- Aralene 2-Light Flush Mount: $72
- Westerlund Semi-Flush Mount: $52
- Bell Black Flush Mount: $47
- Rosemont Semi-Flush: $33
- Sculptural Metal Flush Mount: $99
- Michaela 1-Light Semi-Flush Mount: $115
Technically, #12 isn’t under $100, but I really love it so I had to include it!