I’m a huge believer in unique window treatments. I recently installed this Mora Plaid custom drapery from Uptown Drapes and I couldn’t be more in love. Read more about my solutions for arched window treatment in this post.
I felt custom drapery was important for this room but it is quite the investment. This window needed 127″ in length which was very hard to find in stock options. I also wanted a very heavy-duty curtain rod so I could skip the middle bracket. These are just a few things to consider trying to decide if it’s worth it to budget for custom drapery.
I added a plaid roman shade in my boy’s shared bedroom as well. This is another example where I needed a very specific size so custom was my only good option.
I won’t be able to splurge for custom treatments in every room so I’m always on the lookout for budget-friendly options! Here are 9 options for super affordable plaid or windowpane curtains that could make a huge statement in any room.
WINDOW TREATMENT SOURCING
- Windowpane Blackout Curtain $99
- Irmtraud Checkered Blackout Rod Pocket Curtain Panel $63
- Fryman Linen Plaid Semi-Sheer Curtain $22
- Rosalind Wheeler Marcum Plaid Room Darkening Thermal Single Curtain Panel $50
- Turner Plaid Print Linen/Cotton Rod Pocket Curtain $179
- Marcum Plaid Room Darkening Thermal Tab Top Single Curtain Panel $54
- Lauren Ralph Lauren Rubin Sheer Back Tab Rod Pocket Curtain Panel $26
- Windowpane Plaid Curtain Panel $30
- Preston Plaid Rod Pocket and Back Tab Room Darkening Curtain Panel with Fleece Lining $40
Hanging Hardware can make all the difference. I prefer the look of using curtain rings with my curtains. They can definitely elevate any standard curtain to something more custom. Don’t forget the drapery hooks if you go that route!