I finally got some photos of my current kitchen after my quick, budget-friendly remodel back in January! We weren’t quite ready to tackle the full renovation of this space so I decided to dedicate a smaller budget and a couple of days to a mini makeover. I wanted to make the space as functional as possible while updating the design to a room I would want to spend time in.
I’m so glad that I decided to do this! In my planning post for this space, I explain my thought process and planning for this remodel, and also include sourcing!
I only made a few major changes to create this makeover.
- Removed all the upper cabinetry. I had open shelving in my last kitchen so I knew I would love this update
- Added shiplap 2/3 up the wall. This helped with both drywall repair and giving the wall some added design texture.
- Updated Hardware on all the cabinetry
- Replaced faucets (I found these awesome gold Amazon faucets and am happy with them 6 months later!)
- Added a pendant light above the sink.
I knew that I wanted to add a beautiful kitchen pendant over the sink to really elevate the space. I really feel like lighting can serve an aesthetic just as much as a functional one and adding this pendant did both!
I created a roundup of some of my favorite higher-end and budget-friendly pendants that I found while sourcing. I ended up going with number 7 on the list, the Everhart Schoolhouse Pendant. It works well in the space, and is a great light for the lower/mid-range price. Each one of the pendants in the roundup would work great over a kitchen island, sink, or even breakfast nook, and there is one for every budget!
- Scarlett Pendant By Celerie Kemble $975
- Willamette 14″ Clear Fluted Drum Pendant $599
- Ladd Pendant $351
- Capiz Honeycomb Chandelier $348
- Lark 1 – Light Single Cone Pendant $259
- 1-Light Single Dome Pendant $179
- Everhart Schoolhouse Pendant $171
- Arquette 1 – Light Single Cone Pendant $159
- Nadeau 1-Light Single Cone Pendant $125
- Chicago 1 – Light Single Globe Pendant $117
- Bundy Single Globe Pendant $77
- Musgrove 1 – Light Single Globe Pendant $53
Here’s a shot of my last kitchen. It was 90% DIY complete with Ikea cabinetry. I can’t wait to see where our full renovation will take us in our new home but am so happy with these smaller changes.
The pendants below are the Katie Globe Pendant from McGee & Co. All other sourcing for my previous kitchen can be found here!